Alumni Leadership Circle
The Alumni Leadership Circle is a group of dedicated alumni who have taken a leadership role in supporting the UNLV William S. Boyd School of Law and play a vital role in the strategic direction of the school. Alumni Leadership Circle members are instrumental to the Law Fund, which supports the Law School’s highest priorities, including scholarships, faculty retention, academic resources for students such as journals and travel to competitions, and public interest initiatives. To learn more about the Alumni Leadership Circle, please contact Angie Doran, Assistant Dean for Finance, at (702) 895-2630 or by email at email@example.com.
As an Alumni Leadership Circle Member:
- You will receive updates on the impact of your investment.
- You will have the opportunity to learn about new law school initiatives and provide valuable input and guidance.
- You will be invited to exclusive networking and donor events.
- You will be recognized in the UNLV Law Magazine.
Alumni Leadership Circle Impact:
Some of the student opportunities provided through the Law Fund:
- Eight Boyd students visited Minden, Carson City, and Reno, Nevada as part of the Law School’s Alternative Spring Break Program. The goal of the program is to expose Boyd students to access to justice needs throughout Nevada. During the trip, students met with prosecutors, public defenders, lobbyists, judicial clerks, social justice attorneys, and judges; attended legislative sessions; observed court proceedings; and volunteered at the Food Bank of Northern Nevada.
- Donations to the Law Fund support the Public Interest Fellows, a cohort of students with a demonstrated commitment to public interest law. Fellows receive partial scholarships, specialized career planning and mentoring, and summer stipends to work with non-profit organizations.
- Student scholarships supported through Law Fund donations have been instrumental in attracting talented law students to Boyd. Without scholarship aid, many students would go out of state for law school, and in some cases, would not be able to attend law school at all.
Alumni Leadership Circle Giving:
This giving society recognizes alumni donors who pledge $5,000 over five years to the Law Fund.
Click here to download the Flyer.